My kernel modesetting code is finaly accessible :)
git clone git://people.freedesktop.org/~glisse/drm
The beast is in modesetting-radeon code. This is primilary work ie this is not intended for end user but for developer, curious people or people living beyond the edge. Here is a todo list that pop from the top of my brain:
- add crtc2
- add bios data table so we don't need to hardcode dac/crtc infos
- separate clock control to make power saving easier & cleaner
- tiling (warning tiling shouldn't be enable in double scan or interlace)
- surface reg manager (this goes along with tiling)
- suspend/resume hook
- avivo & r500 family support
- atom bios support (for posting card mostly)
- finish superioctl skeleton
Well of course i welcome any patch on this topics :) Now my plan is to work on dri2 and gallium driver for r300/r400 family i hope to be able to demonstrate this at fosdem 2008. You will likely see xserver & mesa repository popup soon in my private area at fdo.
I also would like to thanks every people who helped me to better understand this hw and to help me fixing bug i did encouter.